Do you ever get into a rut with your marketing ideas?
If you’ve been spinning your wheels looking for a new way to move some inventory and surprise and delight your customers, you don’t want to miss this episode.
Meri Geraldine, founder of the sustainable jewelry brand Gardens of the Sun, joins us to share the creative way she moved $25K in product in just a few hours.
Meri also talks about building an ethical supply chain, ingraining her personal values into the ethos of her business, and how she grew from a small Etsy shop into a full-blown ecommerce store.
- 5:55 Introducing Meri and how she transitioned from working as a sustainability consultant in Indonesia to creating Gardens of the Sun.
- 9:18 How Meri’s quest to meet everybody in her supply chain led to the creation of a sustainable gold mining cooperative.
- 12:15 From an Etsy shop to a full-blown business.
- 14:49 The unexpected joys and challenges of growing a successful business.
- 16:38 How Meri incorporates her values into the ethos of her business.
- 18:53 Benefits of having a Bali-based business.
- 21:16 Maximizing your VIPs: How Meri sold $10K of inventory live on Instagram in just a few hours.
- 25:55 Smashing her monthly sales record with a specialty live sale on Facebook.
- 28:01 How Meri manages invoices and missed payments during live sales.
- 31:53 The other advertising levers Gardens of the Sun uses.
- 33:05 Lessons learned as a sustainability consultant that made Meri a better entrepreneur.
- 34:31 The 3 things Meri is trying to grow in the future: sapphires, creatives sales, and marketing through storytelling.
- 36:59 Resources Meri recommends to other business owners and marketers.
Links And Resources