Have you ever thought about starting a Kickstarter campaign? Do you wonder how some people seem to have cracked the code on crowdfunding? If so, we’ve got an fantastic episode for you.
Jeff Sheldon set a goal to raise $18,000 and ended up with over $430K in pre-orders. In this episode, he unpacks the details of his recent blowout Kickstarter campaign. Jeff shares what it takes to hit a crowdfunding home run and how to avoid some unexpected consequences of Kickstarter success. Enjoy!
- Talking the talk: The Kickstarter Process 5:40
- What set Gather apart from others on Kickstarter? 6:27
- Building Mass Effect: How to tease your product on Instagram 9:51
- Off to the Races: The first day of the Kickstarter campaign 11:30
- Discovering Super Backers and their value on Kickstarter 14:06
- The Facebook ROAS of Super Backers 15:50
- How much time was spent just on your Kickstarter video? 17:04
- The Future of UgMonk 19:59
- What they don’t tell you: The downsides of running a Kickstarter campaign 22:56
- Recovering funds: Where did all the backers go? 24:52
- Where is Gather now in the production cycle?: 27:15
- Productivity hacks: What Jeff uses to stay on task 29:03
Links and Resources: