Do you want to know what it really takes to build a $100 million business and brand? Then this episode is for you.
Building a successful multi-million dollar business is a marathon, not a sprint. Jake Kassan, founder and CEO of MVMT Watches, was one of my first clients when he was just launching the brand back in 2013. He joins us today to talk about how things have changed since then, and how MVMT has grown to what it is today.
MVMT strives to be a best in class brand and best in class in all around marketing, and Jake shares the strategic approach to marketing MVMT uses to achieve those goals. He also talks about how having a strong team is essential to scaling your business and shares his experience hiring a CMO and supporting team, and what you need to know to do it.
- 7:48 How building relationships with customers through direct sales online helped MVMT scale.
- 10:25 The best success comes in stages and this it what each stage of growth has looked like for MVMT over the last 5 years.
- 12:15 Jake’s #1 tip for successfully scaling a business (hint: it’s not email or Facebook ads).
- 13:42 What MVMT would do differently if they had to do it all over again.
- 18:12 As an entrepreneur, Jake believes it’s important to always be testing and working through those results to find success.
- 19:25 The basic math MVMT used to scale in the beginning and how they look at “spending-money-to-make-money” now.
- 21:30 Where MVMT is testing for acquisition and where they’re seeing success.
- 25:23 What you need to know when growing your team so you can successfully scale your business.
- 30:10 How MVMT solidified their appeal with customers through user-generated content.
- 33:40 What Jake loves most about building a lifestyle brand.
- 36:41 Every business goes through low times, here’s a few MVMT went through in order to grow.
- 42:20 Why Jake feels it’s so important to network with and learn from other founders.
Links and Resources: