There is more than one way to create wealth in ecommerce.
While many entrepreneurs follow the path of bootstrapping a business and hoping to one day be acquired, another option is to start on the acquisition side, and grow a portfolio of successful companies.
Our guest today has done both. Drew Sanocki is CEO of AutoAnything, owner of PostPilot, and an expert at lifecycle marketing.
He joins us to talk about the evolution of lifecycle marketing and the big role direct mail is playing in brand loyalty and repeat purchase rate, as well as how mergers and acquisitions can help your brand, and why M&A are his big focus for the upcoming year.
I always learn a lot when we chat with Drew and I hope you enjoy!
- 9:05 Why Drew is so excited about direct mail marketing.
- 12:08 The role of direct mail for Drew's 9-figure dropshipping company.
- 14:54 Bringing direct mail into traditional lifecycle marketing and how it enhances your brand.
- 18:55 Exploring brand partnerships in the direct mail space.
- 19:46 Prospecting with direct mail.
- 21:56 Syncing direct mail with Klaviyo and segments that are working particularly well.
- 27:48 The shifting customer journey and how Drew sees it evolving in the near future.
- 32:49 Why merchandising can be the best kind of marketing.
- 36:11 What Drew’s excited about in this new decade and what he sees as the quickest way to grow a company.
- 39:13 Merger and acquisition opportunities that can help your brand.
- 42:38 Why most business owners have a blind spot to the acquisition process and how Drew would get started building a portfolio.
- 46:15 Bootstrapping vs acquisition -- does it matter which comes first?
Links And Resources