The daily habits you or your team have can either hinder your growth or facilitate it. But what should we focus on to build good habits while breaking the bad ones?
Our guest is James Clear, New York Times bestselling author of Atomic Habits and writer on the James Clear Blog.
James has spent years researching, writing and talking about the topic of habits. He’ll share his insights on what you can do to grow your business, market better, and rethink your habits.
If you want to create a better system of habits that will improve yourself and your business, this is an episode you’ll want to tune into!
- 4:58 Why we struggle to develop and maintain the good habits
- 8:14 The principles of habits are the same in various areas of life and work but applied uniquely.
- 10:15 Three big ideas Atomic Habits centers around
- 16:22 What to ask to reinforce your desired identity as an individual or as a company.
- 18:35 Changing environments can be framed as a positive time to form habits
- 21:23 The personal changes James has made during the Coronavirus pandemic to foster better habits
- 25:10 What to focus on first to help your businesses grow
- 28:56 The transition James made from being a blogger to a business owner and how experimentation made it clear what he was actually trying to build
- 33:20 Three things that make a product remarkable enough to buy
- 38:40 Marketing a product to elicit someone’s desire to make the purchase
- 42:14 The habits James no longer values
- 44:59 Small town influence on James’ family values and love for exploration and travel
Links and Resources: