This week we're bringing you throwback that is all about the difference between brands that scale and those that don’t.
Kurt Elster interviewed me on the Unofficial Shopify Podcast and after re-listening to the episode, I wanted to share it with you. Kurt asks great questions and I outline my entire philosophy on growth.
In this episode, we talk about defining a growth strategy, scaling your advertising, and how to hire the team necessary to get to the next level. I also share what I’ve learned from working with some of the fastest-growing brands in the country.
- 4:30 How Austin has helped many brands scale from $500k to $1MM.
- 7:00 Why it's so important to do almost every job in your business before turning it over to someone else.
- 8:27 The big differences between the Shopify brands that scale up and those that don't.
- 12:00 How to remove tasks from your plate so your business can scale.
- 14:20 The core KPI's Austin uses to understand his client's scalability.
- 15:56 Understanding what your net promoter score is and why it is so valuable to ecommerce brands.
- 23:00 The point at which Austin regularly sees businesses die out and how you can overcome it.
- 30:17 Everyone wants to scale their business but it does come with a few downsides.
- 33:45 How PR has helped many ecommerce brands become successful.
- 39:34 The questions you should be asking yourself to help you define your success.
Links and Resources: