Our most highly requested guest, Moiz Ali, is here to tell you how he made a 9-figure exit in just over 2 years.
Moiz is the Founder of Native, the fastest growing CPG company in the US. Two and a half years after its inception, the company was acquired by Procter & Gamble for $100MM and Moiz is here to tell us how he made that happen.
We talk about what made Native so successful early on, how he prepared to sell the company and what life was like at Procter & Gamble after the sale. Moiz also dispels a few eCommerce myths and lets you know what he’d do differently if he could hit the reset button.
- 3:30 How Moiz Ali’s family encouraged him to lean into entrepreneurship
- 5:01 What drove Moiz away from law school
- 6:13 How life is like at Proctor & Gamble
- 11:18 A/B testing deodorant: Native vs P&G
- 16:00 Why Native was successful so quickly
- 20:53 Navigating eCommerce upsells
- 23:43 The team members and agencies Native leveraged to grow
- 28:18 What Moiz would do differently if he could hit the reset button
- 31:06 Raising money: Should you or shouldn't you?
- 35:55 Prepping to sell your company
- 39:45 What Moiz’s schedule was like leading up to the sell
- 43:22 Moiz’s advice on whether you should go all-in on your business
- 45:56 eCommerce myths Moiz wants to dispel
- 48:21 The best eCommerce platform to use
- 50:09 How Ali Capital chooses which companies to invest in
- 53:46 What’s exciting Moiz Ali about eCommerce right now
- 55:40 The three main keys to Native’s early success
Links and Resources: