In this Greatest Hits episode, we're revisiting a conversation Traeger Grillswith's Director of Acquisition who talks about how holistic marketing can unify your brand across all marketing channels and make it stand out from the competition.
Jesse Semchuck joins us to share how a holistic growth strategy has contributed to Traeger's success. He outlines the makeup of his marketing team, how internal teams and third-party agencies interact, and how a holistic growth approach can create more synergy across all marketing initiatives and the organization.
Tune in and find out if holistic marketing is something you should use in your business.
- 5:59 Jesse Semchuck’s role at Traeger Grills and what he’s been excited to build over the last year
- 7:55 The difference between selling mattresses and selling smoker grills
- 9:18 What’s working well for Traeger Grills right now
- 11:14 The makeup of Jesse’s marketing team
- 12:37 Questions Jesse asks when thinking about strategic scaling and how he decides which marketing channels to focus on
- 17:06 Why low ROAS isn’t always a bad thing and the importance of understanding how different channels impact one another
- 20:13 When is the right time to invest in a full funnel holistic approach to your marketing
- 22:42 What most people do wrong when hiring an agency, and a better way to approach it
- 26:58 How internal team interaction with agencies is structured at Traeger Grills
- 29:00 Questions to ask a potential agency partner
- 30:57 When to outsource to an agency versus keeping things in house
- 32:31 Agency red flags to watch out for
Links and Resources: