In this Greatest Hits episode, we revisit a conversation about building a large, successful business with close to $40 million in revenue without using any paid social.
Our guest, Nate Lipton of GrowersHouse, shows us how it can be done. And, in addition to not using paid ads, he’s been able to get his customer acquisition costs to zero.
Nate shares the different approach to marketing that has helped him build several incredibly successful companies in the cannabis and hemp industries. He talks about exactly how you can use YouTube to establish yourself as a trusted brand and drive ad-free sales.
If you’re looking for some refreshing ideas for how you can drive more revenue, this is a great episode to jog your imagination about what’s possible.
- 5:54 Nate’s involvement in the cannabis and hemp industries via multiple different businesses
- 9:44 Fixing a gap in the cannabis industry: the creation of the Growers Network
- 12:18 The YouTube channel that lifted the veil on growing operations
- 16:37 How Nate got started in ecommerce and his number one piece of advice for beginners
- 20:28 What Nate would do differently if he were building his website today
- 22:31 The future role of video in ecommerce and common YouTube misconceptions
- 24:58 Using video to provide clarity around what a product actually does
- 30:42 One factor that will help you win more customers in the long term
- 32:37 How connecting with your competitors and being radically transparent can benefit your business in a major way
- 35:40 Other non-traditional advertising channels that Nate’s using that have resulted in zero customer acquisition costs
- 41:05 The questions you need to ask yourself to reframe your approach to acquiring customers
- 45:37 What you can do right now to increase your revenue
Links and Resources: