They’ve won the Shopify Build a Bigger Business Competition, hit number 20 on the INC 5000 list, and now they’re on the podcast to talk about turning a personal need into a successful business venture.
Garret and Deanne Akerson of Kindred Bravely share how they’ve navigated running a business together as a couple -- from initial startup to hiring over 50 remote employees and all the challenges and milestones in between.
Tune in and enjoy!
- 4:59 How Garett and Deanne started Kindred Bravely
- 9:01 The lessons learned transitioning from Amazon to Shopify
- 12:07 How the Amazon ecosystem has evolved and how to approach it now
- 14:47 How to navigate running a business as married entrepreneurs
- 18:17 What trading flexibility for structure looked like for Garret and Deanne
- 21:55 The things that make a large, remote company successful
- 26:36 Milestones and challenges during the hiring process
- 30:53 How to know when it’s time to hire executive-level positions
- 36:47 Group Zoom calls during the interview process -- is there an advantage?
- 42:36 What questions and themes Garett and Deanne like to bring up during interviews
Links and Resources: