“Systems run your business, people run your systems.” Learn how to grow your business and unlock hidden profit using virtual assistants.
Barbara Turley is the founder of The Virtual Hub, an agency that pairs businesses with virtual assistants, and she's an expert at delegation. Barbara has paired over 500 virtual assistants with companies and her team is over 240+ in the Philippines. In this episode, she pulls back the curtain on how it's worked for her, and how it might work for you in your own business.
This episode is very helpful if you are building a remote company, are thinking about using virtual assistants, or have tried and failed to use VA’s in the past.
- 8:38 How Barbara started her virtual assistants business
- 11:38 Roles for VAs that often get overlooked
- 13:10 Managing teams in different time zones
- 16:12 Where to start when hiring virtual assistants
- 19:20 Tools used to manage communication
- 20:32 The importance of having a process before hiring
- 22:07 Becoming a good delegator
- 26:55 Barbara’s team structure
- 27:19 Is there importance in connecting with a remote team in person?
- 28:46 Building culture for a remote virtual assistant team
- 31:40 How to not get burned from a VA experience
- 34:24 Paying virtual assistants and economic considerations
- 39:30 Where people get burned when building a company
- 42:34 Why you need an operating system
- 44:25 Hiring virtual assistants through word of mouth vs hiring process