Cryptocurrency is the financial system of the future. Ready or not it’s coming and as an eCommerce founder, there are opportunities you could be taking advantage of now.
This episode is part of a series on cryptocurrency and decentralized finance (DeFI). My guest, Nat Eliason, has been a guest before as an SEO expert but in the last year he’s made a trajectory shift and moved into the space of web3, and specifically DeFi.
Nat talks about why he made the shift, what he’s so excited about and why, as a business owner, you should care. We go into the basics of DeFi and how people are getting hedge fund style returns.
If you know nothing about cryptocurrency, this episode is for you - Nat has some simple ways you can start earning money today.
- 5:04 Nat’s shift from SEO to DeFi
- 6:28 What is DeFi and why is it important
- 9:22 How DeFi levels the playing field and gives individuals with small capital access to high returns
- 12:34 Examples of high returns
- 14:49 What a stablecoin is
- 16:05 The risks with stablecoins
- 20:14 Metamask and seed phrase: what are they and how do they provide security
- 25:02 How long you have to “park” your stablecoins to see returns
- 27:36 The range of interest returns historically seen
- 29:48 Ways to profit that haven’t traditionally been available to average people
- 31:48 The difference between a fiat-collateralized coin and a crypto-collateralized coin
- 34:48 Wrapped Bitcoin: what is it
- 38:08 Minimum collateralization ratios
- 40:26 How debt protocols work in DeFi & what happens in a market crash
- 46:26 Yield farming: what is it
- 50:26 How network security works
- 52:24 “Staking your Eth” - how and what that means
- 55:57 What is impermanent loss and why do you want to avoid it?
- 1:02:01 Biggest hurdles to DeFi being widely adopted right now
- 1:05:03 As an eCommerce owner - what should you be thinking about
- 1:09.50 What Nat’s excited about right now